Friday 18 February 2011

Spoke too soon



The radiator has been leaking all night.
This is the second leak, 
the first occurring when the radiator was removed for painting
allowing just enough time for the carpet to dry out
leaving a watermark that I could just about tolerate.
(See below - I didn't trouble you with this news the first time)


Now it has leaked on being re-fitted.
Paul the painter has switched his phone to voicemail.

Meanwhile Lloyd the 'lectrician,
is four hours late and I am 
in a state somewhere between resignation and despair.


Edited to add: Lloyd never came. 
Why I do not know. He didn't ring either.
Paul eventually got my message and has been back
to repair the connection.
Let's hope it holds.


5 comments:

  1. Ugh. The downside of renovations and improvements. I hope all goes well. By the way, I emailed a link to my mom of your post on the Christening dress. She found it very moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is just so typical isn't it? What shall you do to rescue the carpet? I hope it's all fixed very soon .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel your frustration through the ether.......... sigh............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! The chap who delivered our wood flooring said they had been inundated this winter with people needing new floors due to burst water pipes. You have a leaky radiator we've had a leaky shower room. A rather watery outlook - hope all is resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete