Friday 25 May 2018

Chasing my tail










It has been a particularly good year for hawthorn







and pink campion.







The foxcubs - there are three this year 
don't be fooled by this tender only-child scene -
have trampled happily over most of the emerging plants in the garden,
but the runner beans have a bamboo barricade 
which has survived their predations, 
think.
I'd better go and check.




Yes. It's working.
And while I was out there I managed a little garbage collection.
The new game is scattering other people's refuse
all over the garden.
We have a handy new recycling system which separates out
the food waste into smaller bins for the foxes' better convenience.

7 comments:

  1. My Hawthorn hedge has flowered for the first time this year; I probably had it planted about twenty years ago.

    You have my sympathy about the Foxes but I also envy you because they are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how Smitonius feels about 'their' foxes and the presents of full nappy bags and hamburger leftovers. Perhaps I'd rather have a hedgehog after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about the scattered garbage, but how wonderful to have not fairies, but foxes, at the bottom of the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have my sympathies - badgers are the bane of my allotment. However cute they may look, as far as I'm concerned their place is in the woods where their sett is - not digging up stuff and pooing on my allotment. On the other hand, I do love seeing them and the foxes out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, nature and gardening: not compatible...

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only you could train the foxes to eat slugs... two problems solved at once! Although your beans look remarkably slug-free Lucille. Gorgeous May flowers... poppies still look fabulous horizontal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know those foxes must be a nuisance for you but I was still amazed to see them in your garden!
    The photos of your flowers, oh my goodness, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete