Tuesday 21 July 2009

Black Magic


How svelte, how elegant, how sparing the line.
Just a dash of yellow

or a wash of magenta.

The tilt of the head,
the cool appraising glances,
the enigmatic smiles,


Our favourites for Christmas, Easter and birthdays.
A surefire present for Mother.

All in this iconic black box,
where even the corrugated paper inside
smelt good enough to eat.

So what have Nestle done?

They've changed them!

I can't find anyone with a good word to say for them.

Which are your favourite chocolates?

3 comments:

  1. Don't you hate it when they do that?!

    My favourite chocolate right now is Green & Black's. Every type I've tried is just scrumptious!

    Hope you find a new favourite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one with cherries in it but one day I bit on a stray stone which was painful. They sent me some vouchers in recompense (because I told them they needed to warn people and apparently they do but in such tiny writing) so I bought one bar of each type. All delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were the days hey?! When life was simpler, and advertising had pure class!
    Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)

    ReplyDelete