Thursday, 3 January 2013

Dim



The dimmer switch in the kitchen has broken.
The low energy light bulb was so feeble,
I have reverted to candle power.
Dazzling by comparison
and a very good use
for our shot glass
collection.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely, lovely. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks low energy bulbs are so feeble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candlelight is so kind, too, and not throat-cuttingly depressing, unlike low energy electric light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having a hate/hate relationship with low-energy bulbs at the moment. Why is it no longer possible to flick a switch and walk straight into a lit room? Someone will have a serious accident one of these days, while one of these stupid bulbs warms up!
    There! Feeling a little better now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your sentiments on the low energy bulbs, I won't have them in my home. I do use a lot of candles, just like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But how are you avoiding them? Did you have a stockpile of incandescent bulbs?

      Delete
    2. There is a shop in my local town that must have bought a lot of them and I can still go in and get what I need.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful! Low energy bulbs are just THE worst. I feel like a mole in our kitchen when the lights are on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love, love, love my low energy bulbs, and have done for decades! However, your candle light is also fantastic. For those who aren't happy, the low energy halogen spots give great light when you need to focus on something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hear ! Hear ! for the general dislike of feeble "green" light bulbs . They may be milieu-friendly but they're extremely unkind to anyone who sews , knits , reads or wants to find anything after dark ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whenever I light the (MANY) candles in my home I hear Marilla Cuthbert in my head.. but instead of saying "Anne Shirley... you do beat all" I hear "Candlight... you do beat all" ... :-) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Long live candle power. Their light is like no other, except in great quantity they do tend to drain the oxygen from a room :) Very pretty. Happy New Year to you and yours, Lucille!

    ReplyDelete